Jean's Art Dolls

Photobucket This is the blog that Jean's Art Dolls is using to communicate to the artist's that can't get into the official website. http://www.jeansartbolls.com We have a flaw in the software and I have to officially approve you before you can get into the forum. Please e-mail me if you can't access the Website. Jads is filled with so much information that I really want to share it with you. My e-mail address is: jeansartdolls@yahoo.com Please be patient and I will approve you. I appreciate it very much. Artfully, Jean/ Owner of JEAN'S ART DOLLS. Welcome to Jean's Art Dolls Blog: Come on in have a beverage and some freshly baked cookies; Put you feet up on the coffee table and lets share techniques, experiences and our day to day adventures. I have been accepted to design for "Stamp Insanity" I am so pleased to be a "Groovy Gurl". I am so happy I am doing my favorite "happy dance" join me...PLease stop in daily and see just what I am doing. I have a motto: ...dare to be different! I practice it everyday..but, also stay in my comfort zone until I have grown my wings a little wider and I am flying high in the sky. Enjoy and have fun. artdoll, jean ******************************************************* ******************************************************* Greetings! I am so glad you found me. My name is jean and I was born with a crayon in my hand. I can't tell you how many times I was reminded not to draw on the walls in my room and the hallway in the house. I will admit that I even drew on the bathroom wall at school. I was always drawing and coloring, While the other children were playing with Barbie dolls and dressing them. I was drawing my dolls and cutting them out, then I would design clothes for them I was only happy when I was designing and playing with my dolls. As I matured I started filling notebooks with sketches. If I was inspired by something, I would sit and write down colors that I liked and return to draw an outfit. Every doll was different and named. I also gave the doll a birthday. This was on the day the doll was designed. I had a cardboard box and each doll was wrapped in tissue paper. These dolls were my life. I never allowed the other children to touch them. or play with them. I find happiness and a sense of well being when I create my art. My hobbies also include fiber art, collage, victorian art, altered dooks, art journals, rubber stamping and scrapbooking. macrame, domino jewerly, crochet, stone rubbings,and much more. These are just a few of the many things I do. If it has been done...I have done it. I have plans to write a book about my paper art dolls. I will complete the book in the future. I love meeting other artists who make paper art dolls. I love to be different. And have a motto I repeat often ... "dare to be different!" Never think you have to follow in someone elses foot steps. Never hide your art because you do not think it is good enough. Show it off. Art is made to hang on the wall and to be showed off. *I can't wait to get my art out of the box and show my pride and joys off. I express just who I am through my art work. I design differently every day. And my moods reflect this. It is like magic to me and I never have artist block. Sometimes I will have 5 projects started and will finish each one. I have never started a piece of art and tossed it in a pile. My art means too much to me. Hope you enjoyed your visit. And ...dare to be different...very different! ******************************************************* ******************************************************* ******************************************************* http://www.jeansartdolls.com I have been rubber stamping for 25 years and have learned alot and have mingled into everything related to stamping. Though a rubber stamp ink blot is usually made using an ink pad and rubber stamps, you can have many styles when you stamp. Maybe you like flowers or birds or just use word stamps to make a card or a tag. I have ventured into this unexplored area and find it is my muse. Rubber Stamp Ink Blotting allows you to step out of the “box” and explore your natural creativity like we once had as a child learning to hold a crayon. It is an easy process if you want to take the time and learn. I taught myself by experimenting with “shapes”. I wanted “movement” in my art and I am still trying to find this in inkings. Not one of my ink blots are the same. I do not start by planning what I want to design, they just flow freely onto the paper by positioning images onto paper using different angles —no rules are needed. Just like making an abstract painting, it cannot be easily explained or taught. I am a self taught mixed media artist. I like designing zines, ATCs, art journals, cards, mingle in vintage, grunge, pop art, abstract and artsy styles. I am considered a mood artist. I have found a safe haven in art that no one else can disturb. It is a creative outlet that allows me to be myself through this filterless process. No restraints present; the fluid just flows in the neon liquid pool that produces waves of natural vibrations. And I usually don’t title my work not to take the mystery out of it. How do I design? With an open mind and an imagination! And if the art doesn’t have wings… I just add them! Artfully, Jean.

Monday, September 5, 2011

pop art

No comments:

Post a Comment